Treating Advanced Stages of Gum Disease
As gum disease advances, further bone is lost. At this point, a surgical procedure is often necessary to address the infection. Osseous surgery is one of such procedures, and involves cutting a flap in the gums so the deeper structure of the tooth can be accessed and cleaned. Benefits of osseous surgery include:
- Decreased pocket depths around the teeth
- Infected tissue can be trimmed away
- Roots and bone discrepancies can be smoothed for reattachment of gum tissues
- Home care will be more effective
- Infection is arrested, allowing for a healthier mouth
If you are experiencing bleeding gums, tooth mobility, or if you have been skipping your routine cleanings, you may be suffering from gum disease. To schedule your gum disease evaluation, contact Dr. DeAngelo today.