Implant Supported Dentures and Bone Loss
When teeth are missing, the jaw bone lacks stimulation and begins to deteriorate. This has a number of adverse effects and even changes the appearance of your face! Traditional dentures do nothing to prevent the progression of this deterioration. In fact, the reduction of the jaw bone eventually makes it very difficult to wear dentures since these appliances rely on the bone for support.
However, implant supported dentures utilize the areas where the bone is strongest to support your new teeth. Because the implants are inserted into and integrate with the jaw bone, they provide the stimulation necessary to counteract further deterioration.
Benefits of Implant Dentures
- Available even for patients who have experienced jaw bone loss
- Reduces the need for bone grafting
- Reduces future bone loss
- Provides a stable, more comfortable bite
- Speak without fear of shifting or slipping teeth
- Eat the foods you love
- Easy to care for
- Improve the quality of your life
- Regain confidence in your smile
New, stable teeth can drastically improve the quality of your life and can be received in as little as one day. Call the office of Dr. DeAngelo today for your consultation.