LANAP® LASER THERAPY
As a periodontist and laser dentist in Cary, NC, Dr. Samuel DeAngelo is uniquely trained and certified to perform laser gum surgery using the LANAP® protocol. This protocol is the only laser gum treatment that has been cleared by the FDA. LANAP® laser treatment uses a laser that is so advanced, it only removes infected gum tissue and leaves healthy gum tissue fully intact. During the procedure, a very small fiber is passed between the teeth and gums. The infected tissue is removed and disease-causing bacteria are eradicated. No stitches are needed and recovery time is a fraction of what it used to be. LANAP® laser gum surgery is the only procedure of its kind that can actually regenerate bone around teeth!
Benefits Of The LANAP® Protocol
- Minimal discomfort: Most patients do not even require post procedure pain medication.
- Reduced bleeding and inflammation: Less bleeding means fewer complications.
- Less recovery time: Return to your daily activities the same day as your procedure.
- Faster healing: This unique procedure allows your body to heal itself quickly.
- Saves teeth: Save and keep your natural teeth and your beautiful smile.
- Regenerates bone: The bone surrounding your teeth is regenerated with this advanced procedure.
- Less recession: Traditional gum surgery can require some of the healthy gum tissue to be removed, causing recession of the gum line.
- Very safe: Because there is minimal to no bleeding, the LANAP® protocol is safe for patients with other health conditions like diabetes or heart disease and those taking blood thinning medications.
If you want to save your teeth, control your periodontal disease, and preserve your jaw bone with minimal discomfort and little inconvenience, then LANAP® laser therapy may be an ideal treatment option for you. Call our periodontist's Cary, NC office to schedule your appointment with Dr. DeAngelo today.